Beginning on Sunday I will be starting a new series of messages called, “Maneuvering the Ships of Life.” We will be touching on our relationship with God, friendship with others, and how to take ownership of our lives to not let hardship get in the way of our discipleship, fellowship, and worship. We need to understand that we are in a war. The enemy of our soul is going to do all that he can to distract us so our relationship with our family, our friends, and our church are not under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I want to talk about different tools the Lord has given us to combat these attacks from the enemy. In short, we are in spiritual warfare and we need to do all that we can to thwart the enemy’s attacks.
In Ephesians 6:10-20, Paul gives us a plan to fight off the schemes of the devil. Suppose the enemy staged a major counterattack. How ready are you to enter into this battle? Take just a moment and score yourself on how prepared you are for this battle.
- Truth– Are you walking in integrity or do you sometime skirt the truth and allow the enemy unnecessary inroads?
- Righteousness– What is your attitude toward sin?
- Gospel of Peace– Are you ready for whatever you have to face because of your identity in Christ?
- Faith– Do you believe God will honor His promises and do you act accordingly?
- Salvation– Are you in an ongoing relationship with God every day?
- Scripture– Where does the Word of God rank in comparison to newspapers, television, books, facebook and the like?
- Prayer– Is prayer a way of life with you, or an emergency measure?
May God bless you and bring protection on the things you are involved in today.
Joy in Jesus!