Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why Did Our Presidential Election...?



In the aftermath of the election, there are many who just feel numb. I am one of those people. I will have to admit that it was hard to get up and around today. There just seems to be a cloud floating over me today. But let me remind you that God is still God. We prayed for His will to be done and now we have to trust God even more. Read these verses below and be encouraged that the everlasting God will supply all of our needs.

“Praise be to you, Lord, the God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.”   -- David’s Prayer in 1 Chronicles 29:24

“I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.”    -- Job 42:2

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.”   -- Psalm 20:7

“The Lord has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all.”     --  Psalm 103:19

If Job’s faith can increase and he can find strength when there is nothing to hold on to after all he lost; if David can pray the prayers that he prayed after all that he went through; then I know that I can walk in faith and be more encouraged today than I was yesterday. After all, I gave the Lord this election and told Him that I would trust Him no matter what the results. Let’s keep praying and stop complaining. We can deal with things as they come and let God be Lord of all.

God has never been too late. His timing is always perfect. I just have to relearn that for the umpteenth time. Look up today and hear what God is doing all around the world.

Joy in Jesus!

Pastor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment