Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Worship Blessings

Worship Blessings


By Amy Mead, Director of Worship Arts

Haven’t our worship services been wonderful to be a part of? I can tell you that I cherish Sunday mornings. I look forward to them all week. I anticipate seeing how God is going to move each week and He has been faithful in continuing to move in hearts and lives.
 
It probably doesn’t come as much of a surprise to you that I LOVE worshipping with my church family! I count it a huge blessing to be able to minister with an amazing team of people. Our worship team is filled with people who are not only incredibly talented, but have a heart and a passion for leading our church family before the Lord in worship every single week. They give up hours of time to rehearse and make our worship as excellent as it can be. They encourage me all the time and there is such a spirit of unity and teamwork . . . I just can’t say enough good things about them! 
 
However, the biggest blessing I get every week is looking out across the congregation and seeing you! Seeing you singing . . . seeing you reflecting on the words of a song . . . seeing you engaging in beautiful worship. I get a perspective that many of you don’t ever get to see. I look out and see you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, some of whom are going through tremendous struggle. And I see you worshipping. Sometimes with a hand lifted in praise, sometimes with eyes closed in prayer, sometimes with a smile, and sometimes through a lot of tears. That type of worship . . . the kind that is found even through great struggle . . . I believe is something that brings great honor to our King. Watching you worship Him moves me to want to worship Him more.
 
John talks about worship in John 4:23 (ESV)
            But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshippers will
            worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people
            to worship Him. 

 
The Father, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the very God who spoke this world into being. HE seeks us to worship Him. He desires for us to worship Him. It is the very reason we were created! Isn’t that an incredible thing to think about? When we worship, we are interacting with God in an up-close and personal way. WOW! I certainly don’t feel one bit worthy to be sought after by the God of the Universe to worship Him. Yet I am so, so thankful that He values me in an intimate way and desires for me to seek to know Him more. 
 
So, I trust when you worship this coming Sunday that you fix your eyes on Him, the author and perfector of our faith! Be here or you’ll miss out on a blessing and a great start to your week! I’m looking forward to worshiping our amazing Jesus with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment