The Fruit of Jesus' SacrificeI want to celebrate what God is doing in our midst. We have been blessed by so many things this year. Let me try to list a few things that have happened over the past year that are exciting.
- 21 people have gone public with their faith through baptism
- 22 babies have been dedicated to the Lord
- We had a record attendance of 505 on Easter
- Over 20 from our church built a Medical Clinic in Marose, Haiti
- Children’s Power Plant has been averaging over 40 children on Sundays hearing about God’s love and grace
- Our church has reached out to several different families in the community and our church by providing resources in troubled times
- The Youth Ministry went to inner-city Chicago for a mission trip
- Our Greeter ministry continues to help make a lasting impact on our people
- We were a part of Habitat for Humanity in funding and working on a home for a family who would not otherwise have been able to afford a place to live
- 417 people came to our Christmas Eve Service
- Several of our children are involved in Children’s Quizzing
- We continue to adopt Northview School and support the teachers by giving and helping
- Many have come to Christ and have rededicated their life in serving others
- Our ministry to Chinese students on the campus of the University of Findlay is growing
- We are not only making an impact in Haiti but China as well
- A great revival with Stephen Manley where many sought a deeper walk with Christ
- Many new volunteers are helping in our growing children’s ministry area
- Upward Basketball continues to be a thriving ministry to families in the community with over 600 families involved
- We have given away over $20,000 locally because of the generous giving of faithful people
I also want you to remember that when you give, everything goes to fund a ministry that ultimately helps change lives. Thank you for being a part of the Church family many call, “The Naz” here in Findlay, Ohio, and helping us to accomplish the vision God has given us.
I think of Isaiah 54 and 55 where it talks about the fruit of Jesus’ sufferings. In Isaiah 53:6 it says, “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid upon him the iniquity of us all.” Jesus took our sin upon Himself and bore our sorrow. As a result, the Lord says in Isaiah 54: 2 to, “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your stakes.” Then He goes into an invitation to the thirsty and says in Isaiah 55:6-7, “Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and He will have mercy on them, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.”
We are experiencing a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit because we are living on every Word that comes from the Lord. Our people are seeking the Lord with all their heart and are inviting others to come and enjoy the fellowship of God’s people while the Lord sets people free from their past and forgives us from all unrighteousness. The Holy Spirit is filling our people with the attitude of Jesus. We had one first-time attender say that the Spirit of God was drawing them to come back to our church even before they visited any other church. We set the bar high by unleashing an irresistible environment.
I look forward to the outpouring of God’s Spirit in our services and our fellowship together as we grow to be more like Jesus every day.
I will begin a new series on the partnership God is calling us to participate in called, “Doing Our Part.” Come and anticipate what the Lord might do with a new season upon us.
Joy in Jesus!