Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Priceless Treasure

Priceless Treasure

I am excited about what God is doing in the hearts of people in our church. Revived believers who practice the presence of the Living Word also take delight in the written Word because there is no difference. Jesus Himself, who always was, became flesh so He could show us that we too could become living, breathing, testimonies of the presence of the Living Word. Sensitivity to the promptings of the Holy Spirit is crucial, but placing great value on knowing the truths of Scripture is a priceless treasure. I am encouraged to see hungry people come together to respond to the One and Only. It is like we are coming corporately wanting to hear God speak to us so we know where to go from here.

Look with me at the longest chapter in the Bible – Psalm 119. It is an acrostic psalm, an alphabet of prayers and reflections on the Word of God, giving each Hebrew letter its turn to introduce different verses on the subject of cherishing the Word of God for what it is. It was done that way in order to aid in the area of memory. Many of us would say, “I need all the help I can get in that area.” It was also used to show that the subject was going to be covered from “A to Z.” This chapter is rich on placing the Word of God in the center of everything.

Look at a few verses dispersed among many moving thoughts:

“How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you” Psalm 119:9-11.

“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law” 
Psalm 119:18.

“I will always obey your law, for ever and ever. I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts” Psalm 119:44-45.

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws” Psalm 119:105-106.

“Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them” Psalm 119:140.

“I long for your salvation, O Lord, and your law is my delight. Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands” Psalm 119:174-176.

The mood in which these verses were written is meditative. Take these verses and put them to memory, pray them in your spirit, meditate on them day and night, and allow your thoughts to be overcome by the Living Word who has come to fill you and take you to greater depths.

I am looking forward to our last worship service in the sanctuary before it is transformed into our new worship center. There have been good memories that have been formed in these walls but we are not going to let those define who we are in Christ. Change is not easy but following the Change Maker is the best ride we could ever experience. Let’s have a record attendance in both of our services as we prepare for greater days ahead.

If anyone wants to help us unbolt the pews, clean out the racks, move furniture out of our classrooms, or participate in many odd jobs in cleaning out the area for the work crews, then join us on Sunday at 4 p.m. There is something for everyone.

Joy in Jesus!

Pastor Mike

PS. Come and join us for the revival tonight. Supper is at 5:45 in the Family Life Center and service is at 6:30 in the Sanctuary. Come to both or just come for service. It’s all GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment