Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Longing For God

Longing for God

“O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen You in the sanctuary and beheld Your power and Your glory. Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.”  Psalm 63:1-3

Each day I gain my strength from the Lord. My soul thirsts for Him. If your life is not marked with the attitude of David as you begin your day, cry out to the Lord of hosts to come and restore your passion for His Word, His life-giving Spirit, and vigor for more of Him. Make it your delight to praise the Lord, to call to mind His loving-kindness, and offer to Him the sacrifice of thanksgiving.

I spent the morning sitting with the Daniels family during Randy’s open heart surgery. God’s presence was evident and Randy came through well. Now for the recovery… I know that God will prepare us for whatever comes our way. I have sat through times with families that did not receive good news but my God was still faithful to the end. We serve a mighty God who is not bound by our circumstances.

This Sunday I will begin a series, “not a fan.” We want to allow God to show us the depth of our heart as we evaluate the kind of follower we are. Don’t miss a Sunday as we begin this 6-week series. This may be the kind of series that ignites your walk with Christ like you have never experienced. Pray for God to prepare you for greater days to come as you embark upon the call of God to be fully committed, followers of Jesus Christ.

Joy in Jesus!

Pastor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment