Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Worthy of My Praise

Worthy of My Praise

“For the grace of God appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say 'No' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope – the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good.”  Titus 2:11-14

We serve an amazing God. I have been praising the Lord this morning for his mighty works in our lives. Being the Pastor of our church, I am able to see how the Lord is working in the lives of people in and around our church. There are times when I am overflowing with praise and thanksgiving because of how the Lord is working. Let me share with you some thoughts…

According to Titus 2, God’s grace has appeared to all men. When we were lost and drowning in our sin, we were sought out by God. He loves us with an everlasting love and has given us the ability to respond to Him with all of our heart. By responding to God through faith, we are able to live a self-controlled, upright and godly life today. This is not something that will be waiting for us in heaven. It is to be experienced today. It is not based on how good we are, it is solely on the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.

I am seeing the hand of God at work all around. There are several who are seeking God with their whole heart and hungering for more of Jesus. I just talked to Ed Bradner who has experienced the peace of God in a physical sense while going through tests at the hospital. Randy Daniels has experienced the peace of God through his heart surgery and is now home healing. A family who was helped by the We Care Team from our church is praising God today for His provision. I received several notes of how God is interceding in different situations and people are thanking the Lord for this Spirit-filled church. God is doing a great work in and through the ministries of this church and through faithful followers of Jesus Christ. There are too many to recall and many way beyond my ability to know.

With God all things are possible. He is showing me over and over again how He wants to be unleashed in our everyday lives. This just makes me want to know Him more and more. If you are wanting God to move on you or a situation that is near and dear to your heart, then respond to God. I don’t go after God because He has already been coming after me. All I need to do is respond to what He is already doing and He will move through me to impact a world in search of the Hope that can only be found in Jesus.

This Sunday we will continue our series, “Not a Fan.” I am seeing many people not settling for being a fan any longer. Join the revolution and be a totally committed follower of Jesus Christ. It’s worth the time and effort.

Joy in Jesus!

Pastor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment