Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What You Should and Should Not Do

What You Should and Should Not Do

Today as I was reading the Bible, I was drawn to Philippians 2. This chapter is rich in focusing our heart and minds on being content with life as it unfolds before us. Each one reading this devotional has an excuse to complain or be taken back by someone. Life happens and sometimes it doesn’t happen very well. Look with me at a few verses that can put a proper attitude in your day today.

Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Philippians 2:14
Do everything without grumbling or arguing…

Let me remind you today that someone else is having a harder time, or going through a more difficult situation, or even dealing with life and death struggles. God never promised we would be without challenging situations in life. But let me also remind you that God goes with us through whatever trial you are facing. Be faithful. Do nothing out of selfish ambition and do everything without grumbling or arguing. You will be remembered most by how you approached an obstacle standing in your way. God is always faithful to the very end of all things. I just wish some things would end a little sooner than others.

Philippians 2:12-13
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose.

What a relief. God does the work in us. All we have to do is obey and respond to God as we seek Him with all of our heart. I can do that – He leads and I follow.

Looking forward to a great day on Sunday as we, “Take Hold of Life.”

Joy in Jesus!

Pastor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment