Wednesday, February 17, 2016

When the Wind Blows

When the Wind Blows

My heart is stirred this morning. Some would describe it as a heavy heart. It’s not heavy with stress and burdens too heavy to bear; it’s more like a sadness and concern. We are in a war – a  battle for the souls of mankind. The Lord says that the battle is His. It truly is. But from time to time certain heaviness falls upon us that only God knows.

Today and Friday I will be preaching funerals for two men with different circumstances surrounding their passing. There will be different families gathering to mourn the loss of their loved one. The common thread between the two will be the fact that extended families and loved ones will gather to pay their last respects. Among the people who will be gathering will be those who have a strong faith in Christ. They will be praying for the Lord to be ever present and ministering in and through the funeral. There will be those who are going through the motions of life and just getting by day to day. There will be some who feel they have it all together and they are far from having it all together. The pattern of this world has settled in so much that they don’t realize the spiritual state they are in. There will be some who are just dragging themselves in and don’t want to focus too much on what is being said because they don’t want to face life in general. Some will just be numb. Numb from all the events that have taken place.

I know the Lord is going to be there. Praise God that He has been orchestrating Himself in our lives for such a time as this. Here is the verse I am proclaiming as I prepare for these services: “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”  John 14:26-27

There is a song that Sandi Patty sings called “I’ll Give You Peace.” Read the words and search for the song on YouTube and just listen as the Holy Spirit is sent to your aid to remind you of the Words of Jesus.

Peace, I’ll Give You Peace
Sometimes when you're in the valleys
All of your burdens you carry alone
Oh, but I know, I know when you need Me
Call I'll be there
Longing to prove how much I care

Peace, I'll give you peace
When the wind blows on
Peace, whenever you call Me
I'll give you peace
When the wind blows on

Heartaches, whenever your heart aches
I want to be there
To help see you through
When you're weary
You know you can find all the strength that you need
Find your rest and your hope in Me

No matter how long the night may last,
I'll keep you safe 'til the storm is past

Oh, I'll give you
Peace, sweet peace
When the wind blows on
Peace, whenever you call Me
I'll give you peace
When the wind blows on

I'll give you peace when the wind starts blowing
Peace, I'll give you peace

If you are in the midst of life’s struggles, know that a loving Heavenly Father is for you and has gone to great lengths to comfort you during this storm you may be experiencing. His peace is available even when the wind starts to blow before the storm. It embraces you and prepares you for what is to come. It is only for a short time because joy comes in the morning. God will strengthen you with His right hand. Receive that today no matter what the circumstance. God is Faithful…

Joy in Jesus!

Pastor Mike


www.findlayfirstnaz.org

No comments:

Post a Comment